Monday, June 04, 2007

A word from Josh...

Hello to all who have ventured to this page. It’s June 2nd, and I am today’s official Bink Blogger. I suppose that makes you either The Blogged or Bloggees? Beau asked me to write a little bit about living here in the ministry house, commonly referred to as “The Bink” (367 Binkley Drive), so here I go.

Being a full time musician, one thing that is always hard for me is plugging in to my church and community. Most of the time I stay very busy with music. If I’m not writing, I’m recording, and if I’m not recording, I’m usually on the road performing. While writing and recording allow me to stay in town and fairly involved in my local church, performing takes up the largest portion of my time, which means that I have to travel a great deal. I’m out of town most weekends.

While I’m able to download my pastor’s sermons online and take them with me, it’s just not the same as seeing Christian friends at church on a weekly basis. I think this one-on-one fellowship is a vital part of the Christian life. It’s keeps us sharp. It keeps us fresh. It keeps us keeping on. It’s easy to get discouraged on the road because frankly, it gets rather lonely.

One of my favorite things about living with these guys is that they keep tabs on me when I’m out of town. They help me to stay encouraged and remind me that I’m doing what I’m supposed to be doing. If I’m not getting a phone call from Beau wanting to pray with me, I’m getting a funny text message from Ross or an email from Dave asking me when I’ll be home to go to Wing-Stop. Being a single guy who is in between living with my family and (hopefully someday) starting a family of my own, it really is nice to have someone to come back to and laugh with, to catch up on life with, to live with.

Over the past year the four of us have grown to be great friends. The greatest part though is that we’ve got a deeper relationship than just an ordinary friendship, because our relationships are centered in Christ. And if the focus on Christ ever shifts, there’s a good chance that at least one of the four of us are in a place to help sharpen the others and re-align that focus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home